“Global Ageing Research Partnership” (GARP) is a joint project of the Pontifical University of John Paul II in Krakow in cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (Austria), the Jean Monnet University PRESAGE Institute (France), the University of Ottawa LIFE Research Institute (Canada) and the Sau Po Center on Ageing, the University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong). The project activities are funded under the International Academic Partnerships program whose goal is to develop durable solutions in the area of scientific, implementation and teaching process cooperation, pursued within the framework of international academic partnerships. The outcomes of the project provide a foundation for the development of a long-lasting cooperation of the entities forming the GARP consortium.
The project is implemented by the consortium consisting of:
1.12.2018 – 31.12.2021
Project activities include:
Project outputs include:
- 1 academic partnership comprising 5 universities and research centres from Austria, France, Hong Kong, Canada and Poland.
- 1 international scientific conference gathering participants from all over the world (to be replaced with other project activities)
- 1 international monograph (30 authors, 1 editor, 3 independent reviewers), more publications are being prepared
- 4 workshops and webinars in partner countries
- 5 reports concerned with the state of research on ageing in each partner country
- 1 website which will serve as an information and communication platform for the project, allowing further inter-institutional and inter-personal contacts after the project has concluded
Project outcomes include:
We collaborate as a network of partner universities (in the peer-to-peer model) with the administrative function of the project leader (UPJP2). The key areas of cooperation include such activities as joint efforts related to preparing the international publication, academic contributions to the international conference, organization of relevant and valuable workshops, collaboration in terms of the project implementation, generating ideas for future inter-institutional initiatives on the trans-national level.